Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Peachtree 2008

This year's Peachtree Road Race was fantastic! My brother John and his wife Christine joined me to celebrate his successful battle against cancer. Thanks to the friends and family who were watching and yelling (and sweating in the July Hotlanta heat)! As we crossed the finish line together I realized it was the perfect way to top off a year of races to raise money and awareness for the continued fight against cancer. As the news of John's latest PET scan being totally clear is still fresh in my mind, I am conscious of the thousands who continue to struggle every day. That is why we have decided to continue Jogging for John into a new year to continue to raise money to help others. Stay tuned for updates on future races!



While training for the Peachtree, I met Donald Powers who was battling cancer. After talking it over with John, we decided to run in his honor. I was able to give him the picture of us (shown below) before he passed away. It really touched him. Donald Powers fought hard & will not be forgotten. We thank his sister for her generous donation.



No comments: